How can Ryanair offer such low prices?
- 1000s of young people are hired as probationary cabin crew and terminated for profit by Ryanair every year.
- recruits pay up to 3000 EURO for the training and most of them are laid off without sufficient grounds within a year.
- Ryanair cabin crew are measured on sales, not on performance. They are required to sell, not to be able to ensure your safety.
- unlike any other carrier, Ryanair pays cabin crew only for the flight time, not for the flight preparation time.
- Ryanair employees have to rent for their uniform for £25/month. They even pay for their water on board.
- Ryanair has no respect for employee rights. They fired an experienced pilot because he handed a union membership form to a stewardess.
- Ryanair uses their planes almost non stop, but has the lowest number of employees per airplane in the whole industry. They employ 33 people for each plane, half of the number employed by AirBerlin (64) and SouthWest Airlines (65).
Now that you know this, are you still willing to fly Ryanair?
For all of the above reasons, we at LowCostRoutes.com decided to participate in the Week of Action Against Ryanair, between the 12th and the 17th of March, 2012. We decided to inform you about Ryanair's practices instead of directing you to their website so that you can buy your tickets. If you agree with the above practices, you can always google the airline name and go directly to their website.