Mr Paul Ridgard
12 Chinese lanterns will be released from John Lennon Airport to remember
We ask Cabin Crew and Pilots at Ryanair to release a Chinese lantern the very same
time were ever you may be....Ryanair forgot Mr Paul Ridgard we can not...
Please write Paul Ridgard R.I.P on your Chinese lantern and if possible take a
photo so we can post as many as we can on this blog...Please send photos to
Thanks to you all...
Information about Mr Paul Ridgard and donations can be sent here... http://www.repaweb.org/paul-ridgard-fund
Below is a reply from John Lennon Airport.
- Used properly these lanterns should be safe yet full responsibility is borne by the user of the lantern.
- Unsuitable for use by children under 16 years of age.
- Must not be used under the influence of alcohol.
- Use only in very calm wind conditions.
- Product should not be used when wind speed is above 5mph.
- Must be used over 5 miles from airports.
- Do not use near dry crops or other materials that may catch fire.
- Keep a fire extinguisher or bucket of water nearby.
- If the lanterns paper does catch fire extinguish & discard.
- Only use in open spaces.
- It is safer & easier for two people to launch one lantern at a time.
|Dear Christina Smith,|
Thank you for your early reply to my request..In 2011 Liverpool Airport did allow the release of 12 Chinese lanterns which took place by the airport roundabout at 2.10am to 2.30am as no flights were landing or taking off at these times..
I would hope the same could take place again this year as Mr Ridgard was based at John Lennon Airport and not 5 miles away.
Thank you for your time and understanding.
Correspondences are placed of www.ryanairdontcarecrew.blogspot.com
12th June 2012 first night of four at John Lennon Airport Liverpool...